Saturday, August 06, 2005

A Night of Favor

(I already wrote this as a review in Pastor Casey's blog, but I wanted to put it here too.)

Last night, this guy came into my work who works at Jeromes in RB with his grandpa, and after I got their drinks we all started talking about church and where they go and where I go, and when I said I went to the City Church, the younger guy asked me, "Is that in RB?" And I answered, "yes, by Maranatha." And he got all excited and says, "I work at Jermomes and last Thursday when I got off of work, I heard music and I thought, 'why not'. So I came in and sat through a service." Isn't that crazy?

Well, I had a prety cool night last night. The Ramona Fair is open, (and I think I'm going to go on Sunday Night if it's still open. If anyone wants to go, let me know.) and my mom, Nicole (not Corpuz) and I are walking through the booths, and I get a this sunden desire for a piece of jewelry, (which always happens at fairs. I love fair jewlery.) So I'm looking at all the jewlery booths, and I get this mental picture of what I really want; a small, heart shaped diamond necklace, (not real diamond of course) but I can't find it. So I start praying and asking God, and I come to a "Cookie Lee" Jewelry booth run by two of the strangest women I've ever met. Each with short hair, one red, the other blond. They're loud, they're funny, they flatter with their lips, making comments such as, "you have good taste" and "that's not your mom! You two look like sisters", a little hippieish with lots of funky jewelry on. My mom loved them, I thought they were funny. So, i'm looking without much luck, and I find a necklace that I like. As I'm trying it on, I look down and lo and behold, there's the necklace! It's perfect! It's exactly how I pictured it! It's 26 dollars, which is 1 dollar less than I brought home from my 8 hour shift. (slow night, 4 servers, you understand.) So I put my Jenny face on and ask them if they'de like to bargain. While they think about that, I whisper a quick "grace grace." They talk about giving me 25% off, which is good, but still 22 dollars. I'm really indecisive about this because I'm pretty thrifty when it comes to buying stuff that's not food or hair product. So I consult my mom, who assures me, if I want it I can buy it, (and I really want it.) So I turn around, and (Jenny, you would be so proud) "will you take 20 for it?" They hesitate for a moment. One lady says, "I don't know. That's 6 dollars taken off," and the other jumps in and goes, "aww sure why not! I'm nice." Woo Hoo! Success!!!!

The night continues on and I get a snow cone, my favorite fair food. I get grape of course, and when they didn't have cherry, I took a step of faith by the leading of the Holy Spirit and got lime as my second flavor, which turned out to be pretty good!

The favor continues. The 3 of us proceed to the rides. I had gotten there late because of work, so the ticket booth was closed and I wouldn't be able to go on any rides. But the Zipper is still running and that's my favorite ride. So I again say, "grace grace" and boldly walk up to the three ride attendants and ask, "what are the chances that I could get on this ride. I just got here, the ticket booth is closed, and this is my favorite one." After they discuss playfully, (they know they're going to let me on, but of course they had to drag it out for a while) they say O.K, and let me on with one of the ride attendants because you have to have 2 people at a time, and my mom and Nicole do not want to go on. This of course worked out great because he knew all the right times to rock the cart so it would spin. I think we spun 90% of the ride, and after a while you didn't know if you were going forward or backward or if you were even still on the ride. It was great!

It's amazing how God will show His divne favor in any area of our lives. Not just with buisness men, or employers, but even with carnival workers. He loves us so much and He's such a good Father, and I am so blessed to be His daughter.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good story...
:o)

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tiffany and co, michael kors, longchamp outlet, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade outlet, ugg boots, longchamp pas cher, sac longchamp, christian louboutin outlet, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, cheap oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, nike free, longchamp, oakley sunglasses, ralph lauren pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin, replica watches, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, nike free, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton, tiffany jewelry, polo ralph lauren outlet, prada outlet, nike air max, louboutin pas cher, jordan shoes, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, air jordan pas cher, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, chanel handbags, burberry, ray ban sunglasses, air max, oakley sunglasses, nike roshe run, nike outlet, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

celine handbags, ray ban, chi flat iron, mont blanc, vans shoes, jimmy choo shoes, mac cosmetics, longchamp, instyler, insanity workout, ralph lauren, reebok shoes, p90x workout, nike air max, converse outlet, giuseppe zanotti, lululemon, mcm handbags, iphone cases, beats by dre, valentino shoes, timberland boots, hollister, vans, ghd, oakley, nfl jerseys, birkin bag, gucci, nike roshe, hollister, new balance, soccer jerseys, soccer shoes, baseball bats, north face outlet, louboutin, ferragamo shoes, wedding dresses, nike air max, lancel, north face outlet, babyliss, nike huarache, hollister, asics running shoes, bottega veneta, nike trainers, abercrombie and fitch, herve leger

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

moncler, replica watches, swarovski crystal, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose outlet, links of london, swarovski, bottes ugg, barbour, canada goose, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, pandora charms, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, moncler, moncler, barbour jackets, ugg boots uk, wedding dresses, coach outlet, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo, moncler, canada goose, montre pas cher, canada goose, toms shoes, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose uk, moncler, pandora charms, karen millen, canada goose, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, doudoune canada goose, moncler, pandora jewelry, supra shoes, hollister, marc jacobs, sac louis vuitton pas cher, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora jewelry

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home