Sunday, April 29, 2007

Bumper Sticker Wars

Ever notice how Pastor Casey tends to rag on the Christian fashion industry? How he'll make fun of the WWJD bracelets, or the "Turn or Burn!" T-Shirts, (which really is pretty lame)? Lately I've been noticing an evolution in the Jesus Fish you find on the back of peoples cars, and not just that, but how others have taken on the Jesus Fish symbol, and made a mockery of it. But who even knows how the Jesus Fish symbol became a symbol for Jesus? I'm pretty sure He wasn't a fish. So, I've made a display of all the Jesus Fish I've noticed to show you how it really has become like a war out there on the streets.

We started out with your standard Jesus Fish. Plain and simple, and branding cars with a mark that screams "I'm a Christian," because you know, that's how you tell if someone's a Christian. They have a Jesus Fish on them.


Then we got a little creative, or maybe people weren't realizing what this fish was supposed to be, a Jesus Fish. So just to be clear, we stuck His name in there.


Then, the world caught on to this new, "Jesus Fish Movement" and just like he always does, because he can't think of anything creative on his own, the Devil took a Christian idea, and turned it into his own thing, glorifying...



Yep, Darwin. But never fear, we knew exactly how to fight back that little hum dinger...



Eat that Darwin! Or, I guess we're eating you, but whatever. Either way, you lose.

Than I saw this new fish symbol the other day that took me back a little. They couldn't beat us with their Darwin fish, so they made a bigger, tougher, meaner fish.


Sick right? The thing about this fish, is that it takes blood, while Jesus gave His. Don't people realize that? Can't they see the irony of their choice here? Well anyway, we knew it was time to come up with something bigger, better and cooler. So we just changed Jesus name to the Greek translation.


I actually had that one on my last car. But of course the world had to try and one up us again, and I think this time, they may have succeeded...


Yep, not sure how you beat that, but I'm sure the Christian Co. will come up with something. In the mean time, I'll be keeping my eyes open.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sounds Like Natella said...

I actually have one of these on my car. I left it one from its previous owner (who I named the car after). But mine is more of a mix between the Greek translation of Jesus' name and the Darwin fish. Da Jesus fish is eating the small Darwin fish.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home