Friday, March 02, 2007

What's in a Name?

Everyone, meet Jael....

















No, not me Jael, America's possible next top model Jael, posing for a pro-life add, (but don't be fooled, she's completley liberal.) That's right, Tyra Banks' show; America's Next Top Model, has a girl with MY NAME! Until just this past year, I had never even met anyone with my name. Now, if you can't read the tone in my writing, let me clarify for you.

1.) I was supposed to be the 1st Jael on tv.
2.) I liked introducing myself to people who'd never heard my name before and think it's so cool.
3.) Now every one in the world will know my name.
4.) This girl is so odd, and it's very possible that she's going to take away quality from the name.
5.) It's SOOO weird to hear Tyra Banks say "Jael".
6.) It will no longer be... unique.

If you still don't get the tone... I'm bitter.

So you must understand my dilema. This is NOT ok. Or maybe I'm just having an attitude and need to fix it. I don't know what God's doing. But if you happen to see the show, please remember, even though she's a year older, it was my name 1st!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

1. Your name is still VERY unique ... one girl on a strange tv show named Jael is not going to change that

2. You can still be on tv - this girl will be on the show for a few months, but when it is over everyone will forget about her - when you go on tv people will remember you. You are unforgetable

3. If she takes from the quality your name, that will give you MORE reason to go on tv and redeem it

4. That girl probably doesn't know she was named after a woman who stuck a stake into someone's head! You, however, are fully aware of the significance of your name - and you rightly wear it with pride!

4:43 PM  
Blogger joy said...

I am in absolute agreement with everything Jenny said. You bring a depth to your name that I don't think anyone else in the whole world could pull off.

12:04 AM  
Blogger Sounds Like Natella said...

Ok, I'm laughing! I love this post, even though we kinda already talked about it. But have no fear friend, you are still my favorite "Jael" and nothing will change that!

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home