Wednesday, November 15, 2006

My Flat Tire

My tire went flat last Sunday afternoon. I was worried, but when I filled it up, it stayed so I let it go. Then, the next afternoon it was flat again, which I didn’t realize until I had to go to work. So we filled it up with my grandpa’s air pressure thing-a-ma-bob-ber, went to work and after it was still fine, but it was too late to fix it any where. Now, don’t ask me why, it’s most likely my personality and my procrastinating nature, but this went on for a couple days. Filling the tire, going to work, driving for a while, filling it again, repeat. Well, Wednesday, today, I finally took my car to a little shop by my school. It was fun. The mechanic was sweet and when he saw my Spanish school books in the back seat, he asked me about my classes and then started conversing with me in español, (that means Spanish in Spanish.) So, he checked my tire to see what had caused the air leak, and you’d think it would have been some crazy sharp nail or something, but no, take a look…






The dullest, fattest screw I’ve ever seen in my whole life! It looks like it had a battle with my tire too. It’s become flattened and jagged and bent at the top, yet somehow it made it into my tire. Who was the victor might you ask? Well, not sure exactly, but it wasn’t the girl with the flat tire.

2 Comments:

Blogger joy said...

The most surprising part of this entire post is that this is the first I'm hearing of this! :o) I'm glad its fixed now! It just goes to show that objects, animate and inanimate, are drawn to your vehicle - from squirrels to rusty nails.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Sounds Like Natella said...

I had my first flat tire at GC camp this year. It was not fun getting it fixed...but Dillon was nice enough to change my spare for me (which also was flat!) I had a screw in my tire too, except it was way longer. They have a way of spiraling themselves into a tire and it's amazing how long you lasted with that thing in there!

Miss ya!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home