Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Snow Day!


(One of the snowy Julian roads. It all makes
me think of Narnia.)

20 years of my life have gone by, and until this past weekend, I had NEVER once been in snow! Until this past weekend, I had never picked up a snowball in my hand and thrown it at an unsuspecting victim. I had never mounded up balls of the icy cold substance to create the perfect snowman. I'de never seen or felt little flakes fall on my face. And until this past weekend, I'de never had such a perfect day, of which I'de like to share with you now.


My mom woke me up around 7am that day and said, "get up, we're going to Julian!" Seeing as how I didn't have a choice, I (literally) rolled out of bed and after checking the outside weather, which at the moment was rainy, got dressed and trudged all the way to the car. As we drove up the mountian the rain that was beating against our windshield was turning into something slushy. The roads went from black to white. Our car started sliding a little, and then to my great surprise, snow was building, thicker and thicker the higher we got.

(On a side note, I saw Josh Johnson walking around in the snow on the side of the road, and I asked my mom to stop but she was so scared of even driving, all I was aloud to do was call out his name. He didn't see me, but I called him later.)

We finally came to a spot that we had to stop at because we couldn't handle the waiting anymore. Of course, as soon as I jump out of the car, I'm extremely excited, and can't help but jump and dance and make poses like this...


The excitement continued, until it welled up so much I had to run around in circles till I was dizzy with joy! That turnned out a little something like this...




After a period of time, when we were ready, we drove up further into the mountain. Now, what's the first thing you would want to do if you've never been in snow before? I'll give you a hint...



That's right! Throw a snow ball, and capture your first snowball fight on camera. (Incase you were wondering, Joann (my cousin, and that's my mom behind her) did throw the snowball right after I took the picture and got my camera all wet. Lucky enough, the camera was ok.) I on the other hand was super ok, because guess what happened next?

I met this guy, and guess who he is?

His name is Mike and he's from KUSI news, and after a little conversation we had, he found out this was my first snow day and just absolutely HAD to get it on tape! So, if any of you watched the 10 O'Clock news last Friday night, you may have just seen me on it. If not, let me know, I've got it on tape :)

10 minutes into my first Snow Day and I'm already having the time of my life!

We walked around Julian for a while until we came to this cute little cafe, and I wish I could remember the name, but the food was great, and the place was owned by Christians. There were verses everywhere. We sat right by a window while we were eating, and then.... Magic...



The snow began to fall, heavily. My first snowfall, so of course I had to run out and enjoy it.



After breakfast, my mom wanted to go into this store that she likes, and as soon as we walk in, as if anything else could suprise me, the girl working just happened to be one of my best friends from elementary school that I haven't seen in over a year.

Her name is Leesa. She was my first friend when I moved to Ramona in 4th grade. I got to catch up with her and invite her to church. It was great!

Now, the next part of the day, I can't just jump in to. You see, of all the wonderful things that had already happened to me, the best was yet to come. There really arn't any words, so I'll just have to let these next few pictures speak for themselves, and pray that the same emotion that overwhelmed me that day, will take you just the same.










Awwww..... It doesn't get much better than that! Make your own snowman, use a little lip gloss for his nose, and two dimes for his eyes. I'm in love!


Thanks for shareing this wonderful day with me! Hope you enjoyed it just as much as I did.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loooooooove the pictures and need to watch the tape with you :o)
much love to you!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Sounds Like Natella said...

Sounds like a day of divine appointments. I definitely want to see your moment of fame on tape. Totally rad.

12:09 AM  
Blogger joy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:37 PM  
Blogger joy said...

okay, enough of the snow day...its time for the world of blogdom to see our happy tuesday adventure, pictures and all!!! :o)

1:37 PM  
Blogger joy said...

when will I ever see our glorious pictures????????

10:41 PM  
Blogger Charlotte Leanna said...

thats a fun blog! i cant believe it was your first snow day!

8:23 PM  
Blogger chenmeinv0 said...

cheap ugg boots
air jordan
uggs outlet
the north face jackets
timberland boots
air jordan shoes
true religion outlet
cheap uggs
abercrombie and fitch clothing
uggs on sale
2016.12.22xukaimin

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home